You are here
E-forum and Links
The Australian Seed Bank Partnership members’ wiki creates space for information exchange and knowledge management. The wiki provides a forum for members to discuss ideas, strategies and problems related to seed science, seed banking and conservation initiatives.
We invite members to add comments to current discussion topics, or to start a new topic.
Links to other relevant sites:
- The Millennium Seed Bank Partnership (MSBP) is the largest ex situ plant conservation project in the world. The main focus of this work is on global plant life faced with the threat of extinction and plants of most use for the future. For more information: http://www.kew.org/science-conservation/save-seed-prosper/millennium-see...
- The International Society for Seed Science (ISSS) is a professional organisation of seed scientists committed to fostering and promoting research, education and communication in the scientific understanding of seeds. For more information: http://www.kew.org/isss/isss/index.html
- The Svalbard Global Seed Vault, which is established in the permafrost in the mountains of Svalbard, is designed to store duplicates of seeds from seed collections around the globe to support future food security and the further development of agriculture.For more information on thee collections visit: http://www.nordgen.org/sgsv/
- Australia’s Virtual Herbarium (AVH) provides access to information obtained from the collections held in Australian herbaria. To view these collections visit: http://avh.chah.org.au/
- Plant Health Australia is the national coordinator of the government-industry partnership for plant biosecurity in Australia. For more information: http://www.planthealthaustralia.com.au/